Bridging the Gap Between
Healthcare and the Community
Free Educational Webinar - 1.5 Contact Hours Included*
This comprehensive webinar is based on the sections of the best-practice, evidence-based Unique Families Program® curriculum that train healthcare and mental health professionals to better understand the needs and considerations of patients and clients who are exploring the option of parenting or adoption and how one’s own implicit bias can affect patient/client care and outcomes.
- Increase awareness of attitudes and biases pertaining to crisis pregnancy to ensure care in an objective, unbiased manner.
- Review the history of infant adoption, Safe Haven, and the challenges of the SCOTUS decision.
- Examine brain science and its impact on the decision-making process and on the need for a standardized referral system.
- Discuss best practices in policy and procedure and explore the shared decision-making approach.
- Assess the next steps for evaluating the current referrals process within attendees' patient/client interaction.
*This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
*This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886893847-9016) for 1.5 continuing education contact hours.Click Here to Watch Now!
Free Practice Toolkit
This toolkit provides practice tools and resources to support the knowledge learned during the webinar and influence practice changes at the hospital and system level and connection with the surrounding community.
There is a 10 step guide to creating an environment of adoption-sensitive care, a sample mini-activity to use during a staff meeting to teach and reinforce updated adoption language, as well as door signage that can be used to signify there is an adoption plan taking place in a specific patient room.Download Toolkit